Friday 9 December 2016

Mom Shares Important Crib Safety Warning with Parents of Twins

"When baby proofing, I never in a million years would have seen this as a potential danger," mom says.



The Short of It

An Arizona mom's twin crib safety warning goes viral on Facebook.

The Lowdown

When Alison Johnson posted a recent horrifying experience that could have cost her son his life, she likely never expected it be shared more than 50,000 times.

In the now viral warning, she shared a photo of the configuration of her twins' cribs along with the sobering tale of what happened:

"I have a lot of friends that have twins or kids close in age that may have a similar set up, so I wanted to share something VERY scary that happened today. This morning I put Caleb down for his nap. Shortly after he started to cry. After a few minutes, I went in to check on him. He had climbed out of his crib and was stuck between his crib and Libby's crib. His body fit through, but his head wouldn't. He was using every ounce of energy he had to hold himself up by his little arms. If they had given out, he would've just been hanging there by his head."

More from News Break: Newlyweds Expecting Identical Quadruplets—Without Fertility Drug Help

She continued:

"What's even more scary is that like many moms, I generally use nap time as an opportunity to shower. Had I done that today and checked on him after five minutes, he would have literally hung himself. When baby proofing, I never in a million years would have seen this as a potential danger. Please consider sharing this post in case someone you know may have a similar set up."



The mom added she was "still totally shook up over" what happened and, understandably, would never get the image of her son stuck in between the cribs out of her mind.

The Upshot

Crib safety and all other baby proofing measures are always on parents' minds. But it's impossible for us to think of every, single thing that could ever go wrong. And the thing is, hindsight is 20/20. I know I've looked at certain situations and thought, "How could I not see this would happen?"

For instance, one time my toddler pulled a heavy iron fireplace screen down on top of her. Once she did it, I couldn't believe I hadn't considered the danger. But she'd never even touched it or gone over to that area of the house before! Luckily, she was okay, but it was a very scary moment to look over and see her trapped under that screen, screaming.



With my own experience in mind, I want to thank Alison for sharing this warning. Even if it saves one life, it was totally worth it for her to open herself up to criticism to post about what happened to her.



source: http://www.parenting.com/news-break/mom-shares-important-crib-safety-warning-parents-twins

No comments:

Post a Comment